Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Tregg575's 2012 RCSB

620 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  nealinator 
#1 Ā·
I have been meaning to do this for years at this point, but now is better than never.

The boring stuff:
2012 Silverado
Regular Cab Short Bed
4.3 V6 :roll:

Now, time for mods:
RC 3.5 Level
285/70/17 All Terrains
JL Audio speakers in the cab
Rockford Fosgate 10-inch Powered Sub
Eonon GA6180F
Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0 Retrofit

#2 Ā·
Post up some pictures of your truck. Detailed pictures of the mods and any of the detail and pictures of how you went about it are always a great part of a build thread.

#3 Ā·
You have my attention with the JL AUDIO mod for sure! (And the rest too, LOL) Curious which speakers you are going with? C5's, C2's????? and why not the JL AUDIO stealthbox sub, they are supposed to sound great.

EDIT: Just noticed you have the Regular Cab. Depending on your seat style there is still a stealthbox available but if not that where do you plan on putting your sub?

#4 Ā·

Theres a link to an album that I'll be able to add photos to as I go. I have pictures from during each mod, I'll just have to find them.

In regards to the speakers, I have JL TR650's in the doors, and a Rockford Fosgate P300-10 behind my seat. I didn't go with JL for the subs mainly because of price. I wasn't looking for something that could shake the mirrors on cars next to me, just something to fill out the sound more. This sub is perfect for that I feel, especially in the Regular Cab because I can still put things behind my passenger seat.

#6 Ā·
Light bar is gone now. Too much whistle, wind resistance, and I wasn't impressed with the quality of the OPT-7 bar. Mine at least leaked every time I washed the truck or whenever it rained. Also now with the Mini D2S 4.0 retrofit I just did, it really isn't needed.

#7 Ā·
Mike is glad...very very glad...lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.