jQuery not supported.

Tsuintx’s 2016 Silverado

Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

Re: Tsuintx’s 2016 Silverado

Postby tsuintx [OP] » Oct 16 2020, 4:16pm

jmoore19 wrote:I love it! I am not a fan of consoles, but my 18 has the same one and I can honestly say I would rather have the console. Out of curiosity, did you have to take the front seats out too? Or just the jump seat?

Nope. No need to remove the seats. Just four bolts on the sides of the jumpseat, disconnect two cables and the thing is out.

scottl wrote:LOL. I done same thing on cables. Figured it out after watching Phil's video again. I was reading thru Phil's thread over on the other forum and he said Apple Carplay didn't work from the USB's inside the console. I am thinking since I have the cables I am going to ditch the one in glove box and run both sets on console off the HMI.

Now that is funny! :lol: But yeah, you can do it that way, too. I just want to have everything working the way they were intended, so will do the proper cable. The wrong cable is still within Amazon return window, anyway, so no money lost there.

roorancher wrote:That is really nice! Looks great!

I could potentially talk myself into that, but thats a "mod" my wife would notice, and noticing it would turn into a litany of questions that may not be worth the exercise and covert expense....In addition I do keep a fair amount of stuff in the upper jumpseat storage space, and my backup pistol in the lower, with some less-often used items, so im not sure the full console offers enough storage for me...

Thanks, Jeff!

I hear you on the noticing part... :lol: :mrgreen: Fair amount of stuff? You should see the console in my wife's Tahoe... :roll:
2016 Silverado LT 4x4 Crew Cab
2010 Tahoe LT2
2012 BMW K1600GTL Premium
Original Poster
tsuintx
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
Topics: 11
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2016
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 4x4 Crew Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby roorancher » Oct 16 2020, 4:30pm

tsuintx wrote: Fair amount of stuff? You should see the console on my wife's Tahoe... :roll:

Yes....Fair amount of stuff...Here's the list from memory....

Top:
Lug Nut Lock Key
Extra reading glasses
Extra Sun Glasses
Safety Glasses w/Readers
Phone Cable
Checkbooks
Flashlight
A few accessory operating manuals (like the camera.)
Envelope where I keep receipts.

Bottom:
Back up Pistol (.45)
2 Magazines
Dog Harnesses
A few Hand Tools
Umbrella
Spare Keys for my trailer and trailer locks.

And BTW....My wife is a pig....and I knew that when I married her 32 years ago. She can trash a vehicle in the blink of an eye, and doesn't care....And she has 2...A H***a Element and a R*M Promaster City for business. They never get cleaned unless I do it.

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

105,200 miles 9/1/20

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 99
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2015
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby jmoore19 » Oct 16 2020, 6:12pm

Jeff, that much stuff would drive me insane! I like to have my stuff clean and empty.... but it's good to know you're prepared!
Current Build: jmoore19's 2018 GMC Sierra 1500

2018 Sierra 1500 SLT
2002 Silverado 1500HD *SOLD*
2000 Silverado 1500 *SOLD*
jmoore19
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Topics: 81
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2002
Extra Info: 1500HD 4x4
Group Membership:
First Responders
Registered users

Postby roorancher » Oct 16 2020, 6:19pm

jmoore19 wrote:Jeff, that much stuff would drive me insane! I like to have my stuff clean and empty.... but it's good to know you're prepared!

I like my vehicles clean and empty these days a well....and there is nothing visible in the cab. On all my prior trucks I had the large Rawson-Koenig crossbed single lid tool box....and carried a $hitload of stuff....but I've since pared down to a "swing-case" in the bed. and it just holds a pair of jumper cables and trailering supplies. That's it!

Didn't mean to hijack your thread, Tomi....

105,200 miles 9/1/20

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby tsuintx [OP] » Oct 16 2020, 6:52pm

I keep most of my extra stuff out of sight, too, but most of the stuff I carry reside in the storage tray under the rear seat. :mrgreen: Not a whole lot of stuff in the console, really. At least not so much that I'd need the upper and lower storage of the jumpseat.

I don't want to have much stuff visible, that's for sure. Keeps the potential prying eyes moving along. Hate to for example keep garage door opener in the visor. Been trying to find the roof console with garage door opener buttons, but all I keep finding are ones with some extra buttons on them (sunroof, sliding rear window etc.) and I don't want any extra buttons that have no use for me. :roll: The very few I've found have been wrong color, of course.
2010 Tahoe LT2
Original Poster
tsuintx
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby roorancher » Oct 16 2020, 7:36pm

tsuintx wrote: Hate to for example keep garage door opener in the visor. Been trying to find the roof console with garage door opener buttons, but all I keep finding are ones with some extra buttons on them (sunroof, sliding rear window etc.) and I don't want any extra buttons that have no use for me. :roll: The very few I've found have been wrong color, of course.

Took me a while to find the overhead console with just the "homelink" buttons as well....but when I did, it was only $40, shipped.

105,200 miles 9/1/20

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby tsuintx [OP] » Oct 16 2020, 7:43pm

40 bucks??? :o Damn! That's cheap. One of these days, I hope...
2010 Tahoe LT2
Original Poster
tsuintx
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Bradley21sanders » Oct 16 2020, 8:27pm

I always wanted to add the homelink to mine as well to get rid of the door opener on the visor but all the used one are like $75+ not worth that too me
135,000 as of 9/25/20
Diablew 89 tune~Halo Lifts Coilovers (2 1/2")+1 1/2" Zone Body lift~RC Forged UCAs~Carven TR~4.56/Eaton Truetrac~285/75r17 Falken Wildpeaks~Deaver mini pack
Bradley21sanders
Topics: 57
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2009
Variant: LT
Extra Info: CCSB 1500 5.3L 2WD
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby QNman » Oct 16 2020, 9:42pm

roorancher wrote:
tsuintx wrote: Hate to for example keep garage door opener in the visor. Been trying to find the roof console with garage door opener buttons, but all I keep finding are ones with some extra buttons on them (sunroof, sliding rear window etc.) and I don't want any extra buttons that have no use for me. :roll: The very few I've found have been wrong color, of course.

Took me a while to find the overhead console with just the "homelink" buttons as well....but when I did, it was only $40, shipped.

That's a helluva deal... I paid $100 for mine, but it was brand new (on eBay). Still - worth it!
QNman
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 2
Variant: LT
Extra Info: Z71 Premium Package
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SierraHarley » Oct 16 2020, 10:15pm

For $2,000 you can have the homelink out of my truck and I'll throw the one in out of our 15 Impala too. We don't have any use for them.

17x9 +12 Vision Manic wheels * BFG KO2 265/70/17E * Motofab level * Diablew * iboards * Extang trifold signature
35% autobahn black * W/T mud flaps * Line-X Premium* DD SL1 headlights * E2 catch can * GMC floor liners
Retarded driver
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 28
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLE 4x4 5.3L
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to Under ConsTRUCKtion