jQuery not supported.

Dual Remote Oil Bypass Oil Filter

Forum rules
Only approved Vendors have the required permissions to create topics in this area. However, all members are encouraged to reply to topics.

Dual Remote Oil Bypass Oil Filter

Postby Z15 [OP] » Oct 18 2014, 11:11pm

BMK23-EA Pictured

General Use Dual Remote Oil Bypass Unit
Combines Full-Flow and By-Pass filtration on a single, easy-to-install mount. All installation parts except filter spin-on adapter are included. Must purchase the spin on adapter that matches the filter thread on your vehicle. Without filter elements - 2 required. For use with EaBP90, EaBP100 or EaBP110 Element.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
The Ea By-Pass Oil Filter (EaBP) provides the best possible filtration protection against wear and oil degradation. Working in conjunction with the engine's full-flow oil filter, the AMSOIL Ea By-Pass Filter operates by filtering oil on a "partial-flow" basis. It draws approximately 10 percent of the oil pump's capacity at any one time and traps the extremely small, wear-causing contaminants that full-flow filters can't remove. The AMSOIL Ea Bypass Filter typically filters all the oil in the system several times an hour, so the engine continuously receives analytically clean oil.

Higher Efficiency
AMSOIL EaBP Filters have an efficiency of 98.7 percent at two microns. At normal operating RPMs the EaBP Filter will filter all of the oil in a typical five quart sump in less than 10 minutes.

Superior Construction
The superior construction of AMSOIL EaBP Filters provides better sealing and increased longevity along with superior corrosion resistance. AMSOIL EaBP Filters have a marine powder coated exterior; and their zinc-dichromate base plates increase rust protection. EaBP Filters have a nitrile HNBR gasket and an orange silicone anti-drain valve. The two stage pleated and layered cellulose/full synthetic media has an efficiency rating of 98.7 percent at two microns.

Longer Lasting
When used in conjunction with AMSOIL motor oil and an AMSOIL EaO or Donaldson Endurance™ filter, the EaBP90, 100 and 110 Filters should be changed every other full-flow filter change up to 60,000 miles or one year whichever comes first. When used with other brands of motor oil or full-flow filters, the EaBP Filter should be changed every other full-flow filter change. AMSOIL recommends using oil analysis when extending oil drain intervals.

AMSOIL recommends changing the EaBP120 every other full-flow filter change up to 90,000 miles or one year whichever comes first. Extended oil drain intervals should always be accompanied by an oil analysis program.

Increased Oil Capacity
The increased fluid system capacity and filtration life provides improved oil cooling and ensures that equipment constantly runs on clean oil. Engine efficiency is increased, providing extended engine life.

Soot Removal
AMSOIL has designed a high-efficiency by-pass filter element that is also a soot removal device. AMSOIL Ea By-Pass Filters use a synthetic/cellulose sandwiched media. The inner layer of the element is composed of a highly efficient cellulose media covered with a full synthetic media outer layer. These filters remove 39 percent of soot contaminants less than one micron. Soot removal efficiency increases approximately 10 to 14 percent when the EaBP Filter is used in conjunction with a standard full-flow filter.

By-Pass Filtration Benefits
•Dramatically Extended Drain Intervals
•Improved Oil Cooling
• Increased Filtration Capacity and Life
• Increased Fluid System Capacity
•Efficient Small Particle and Soot Removal
•Significantly Extended Engine Life
•Equipment Constantly Runs on Clean Oil
•Increased Engine Efficiency
•Remove Particles Less Than One Micro

For more information :arrow: Dual Remote Oil Bypass Unit

If you have any questions or unsure of what parts you need to order to complete the system, just send me a PM with your vehicle info.

There are complete kits available for the Duramax engine, :arrow: GM & Duramax 6.6L Oil Bypass Unit
Mike

SYNTHOIL SUPPLY

►JOIN AMSOIL

My_Fleet
2021 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2L Ultimate
2018 Polaris RZR S 900 EPS
2017 John Deere X738 4x4 Tractor/Snow Blower
Original Poster
Z15
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 249
Years of membership: 10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Year: 2021
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: Denali
Extra Info: Ultimate 4WD 6.2L
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Re: Dual Remote Oil Bypass Oil Filter

Postby QuikSilvr » Oct 19 2014, 1:40pm

That looks awesome. I am definitely going to be getting one for my 5.3 here soon.

Any idea if the dealer would let me switch to AMSOIL and still give me free oil changes as long as I pay for the oil?
QuikSilvr
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 17
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby Z15 [OP] » Oct 19 2014, 1:50pm

My dealer (as well as several other local dealers) would but its impossible to say what other dealers might do. A good dealer will not care if you bring your own oil as he is more concerned with providing the customer with good service and will change the oil and do what ever is required on the service using your preferred oil.

Many dealers will gladly do this BUT keep in mind, the free maintenance is a way for GM and the dealer to keep you coming back to them for all your needs, they want a monopoly on your vehicle service and may react differently. The one thing you may have to remind them (and I have done this a few times) is that its your vehicle, not theirs and they should willing to cater to you and not think about their profits. The dealer staff are trained to push GM products and products they make money on. If you bring your own oil, they may fight back with claims oil not GM certified or other tactics to change your mind. They want your vehicle to wear out so he can sell you service or a new one, he doesn't want you to use AMSOIL.
Last edited by Z15 on Oct 19 2014, 1:56pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

SYNTHOIL SUPPLY

►JOIN AMSOIL

My_Fleet
Original Poster
Z15
Years of membership: 10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby QuikSilvr » Oct 19 2014, 1:55pm

Awesome thanks for your help on that. I used to use AMSOIL in my track car and loved it. I want to start using AMSOIL in my truck especially since track season is going to start getting big again come December so I will be towing a lot more. Thanks again.

Oh and side question, do we have to order locally or can we order from any dealer?
QuikSilvr
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby Z15 [OP] » Oct 19 2014, 1:58pm

I can make so you can order direct from AMSOIL at dealer cost, up to 25%. If this sounds good, PM me for details.
Mike

SYNTHOIL SUPPLY

►JOIN AMSOIL

My_Fleet
Original Poster
Z15
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby funnytoe » Oct 19 2014, 2:26pm

Hi mike

Would you happen to have any pictures you could post with this product already installed on a NNBS ?

I'm curious to see how the mounting adapter mounts against the 5.3 engine considering how the oil pan blocks about 50% of the filter. A remote mounting area for the oil filter would be a modification I would be very interested in.
funnytoe
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Topics: 29
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2009
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby thejmay » Oct 19 2014, 2:54pm

I would like to see pictures of this installed as well. Also with the addition of another filter and the hoses how much does the oil capacity increase?
thejmay
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2011
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L ext cab4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby wildchevy » Oct 19 2014, 3:05pm

I am not sure but the OP seemed to imply this was for the Dmax but Mike will let us know soon if it can be put on a 5.3. I just wonder if it is even economically feasible to put it on the 5.3 verses just changing the filter or running a extended life filter.
wildchevy
Topics: 40
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 1960
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby QuikSilvr » Oct 19 2014, 3:09pm

They make it for the 5.3, I'm not sure if this particular post is for the 6.6 only or not, but I know they have over fire the 5.3 as I was just looking at it a couple days ago.
QuikSilvr
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby Z15 [OP] » Oct 21 2014, 12:49am

This thread is for the gas engine versions. Product Code: BMK27-EA is for the Duramax and comes complete with the filters and oil filter adaptor.

Oil capacity is increased 1 to 2 + qts depending on the filters being used. With this setup you can use an EAO15 one qt oil filter to replace the small OEM oil filter + there are 3 Bypass filter sizes to choose from. The 9-inch is the smallest and that hold about a 1 qt of oil.

I have not seen one installed on the new GM trucks yet but will check with other dealers in the AMSOIL dealer forum to see if they have any to share.

There is a special oil filter adaptor for the 2007 up GM engines, BK310. These adaptor are built HD tough. You install it in place of the existing oil filter and run the hoses to the Bypass location.

Here is a link to customer supplied examples. http://www.amsoil.com/bypassfilters/index.aspx
Mike

SYNTHOIL SUPPLY

►JOIN AMSOIL

My_Fleet
Original Poster
Z15
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users
Next

Return to Vendor's Row