Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Radio presets not saving

17K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  SierraHarley 
#1 ·
Just bought a used 2018 Sierra. Put in favorite channels, press and hold to save all 14 favs. Next day, they're all gone. Same again next day. And again 3rd day. Anyone know why they are not saving?

#4 ·
I saw this on another site. It's a little different than your problem but still dealing with the favorites. Worth a try.

I had the exact some problem in my '15 Sierra after replacing my battery yesterday. I had 25 presets originally shown. I could set 11 but it wouldn't save anything else even though I had 25 spots showing. You don't need to go to the dealer. Go to the home screen on the touchscreen. Go to Settings>Restore Factory Settings>Clear All Private Data and then follow the on screen instructions. It says to turn the car off, open/close the door (to turn off the retained accessory power I presume) and then wait at least 1 minute before turning the car on again. Doing this I can now add radio favorites again.

I first tried resetting the radio settings but that didn't work. I then tried the Clear All Private Data option and it worked.

#7 ·
Let us know how it goes and good luck.

#11 ·
Good to hear!
I love all the electronic gadgets on the newer vehicles but unfortunately they sometimes need rebooted or reset. It's the price we pay for technology I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.