Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

SilveradoZ-71 2018 Silverado build

6K views 57 replies 21 participants last post by  Iridium15 
#1 Ā·
Last week me and my wife went to "look" at new Tahoes at our local dealership cause her 07' Tahoe had about 200k on it. Well long story short we ended up trade her Tahoe for this new 18' Silverado LT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 Ā·
So far I've installed a set of black steps, wrapped the bow ties with 3m vinyl, and a 2 1/2" leveling kit. I also took the bottom part of the front spoiler off, thinking about taking off the little mud flaps on the rear. We've got about 550 miles on it so far and loving it!

#9 Ā·
Thats a good look'n truck right there!

#12 Ā·
Added a Retrax Pro retractable bed cover today. Picked it up used off of a Facebook add. Traded a pistol for it even lol got about $400 in it.

Going to get the front 2 windows tinted today also. Then all it'll like is a set of BFGs and I'll be done with it.

#13 Ā·
"and I'll be done with it" famous phrase there, i think we can talk you into more stuff!

#18 Ā·
Steps came from eBay, they were about 150 shipped. Seem to be well made and the are sturdy. She doesn't like them lol. Been looking at the amp power steps for it.

#20 Ā·
Bath day! Probably gonna go ahead and order the BFGs this weekend! What do you guys use to clean your interior like the dash and door panels? Thanks

#21 Ā·
I use some Armor All interior detailer that is a matte finish vs glossy. It is not thick nor leave a residue....just cleans pretty much...and is not aggressive.

Sure is nice of you to be fixing up "your wifes" truck...haha.

#22 Ā·
Ha! ya it's hers! I'm done with mine, and I can' stand a truck that's "stock" lol! Got my 08' a bath today as well.

#24 Ā·
Very nice trucks! You wash in direct sun? Drying must be a PITA. What soap did you use to drench the truck from top to bottom?
My dad just got an '18 because he wanted a 6.2l and I got his '14. You should get a catch can ASAP. I just did mine this weekend and did a intake valve cleaning. The truck is way more responsive and according to the computer mileage it "says" I am getting about 1.5mpg more than what I was getting we will see at next fill up how true it is.

#25 Ā·
Thanks! And I just washed out in the sun, I pull them under the carport to do final rinse and dry. The soap I use is Chemical Guys Honeydew snow foam in a foam cannon. It dose a awesome job.

#26 Ā·
I really hate to add anything to the engine because it came with a lifetime powertrain warranty and I don't want to void it. I may ask the dealership about it when I take it in for it's first service. How long do you guys go in between oil changes? Or should I just follow what the dash says? I'm going to do the first one at 3000 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.