jQuery not supported.

Better throttle response? Diffuser Plate??

Is there one like the old 4.3s?

Better throttle response? Diffuser Plate??

Postby 07Silverado361 [OP] » Sep 05 2013, 5:16am

Is there a Diffuser plate like the old 4.3s that would restrict the throttle response?
2007 Silverado Classic
4.3l V6
74,xxx Miles
Bonestock
Single Cab Long Bed
Original Poster
07Silverado361
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 13
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Silverado Classic
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Better throttle response? Diffuser Plate??

Postby robfriedenberger » Sep 05 2013, 5:49pm

I dont know for sure on your motor, but you can check by just opeing the TB flap with your hand......I know the 5.3l dose not have one for sure. Also it woudlnt be a bad idea if you havent already to replace/clean your air filter, and clean your MAF sensor
robfriedenberger
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Topics: 33
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2004
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L LS
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Better throttle response? Diffuser Plate??

Postby Dvirgil » Sep 05 2013, 7:19pm

I'm not sure what you are asking its kind of vague,,If you are asking if you have one, I would bet you do,,easy to check..Look in the throttle body/open blade...
but I think you are asking if you can buy a new throttle blade that does not have the diffuser to replace the the stock with? Is this what you are asking????? IF so then the answer is yes. here is a link to the one I bought from ebay. It fit perfectly and has the idle hole as it should. There are others that are a little cheaper but do not have the idle hole drilled which is important to maintain a proper idle.
You can also cut the diffuser off your own, it is very soft metal. Lots of you tube videos showing this. I wanted to keep my original, incase I didn't like the change. But I am happy with the response this mod gives. Use red Loctite when replacing the screws. Here is the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/370322497627?ss ... 1438.l2649
2005 Silverado 1500, v6, auto, single cab, work model.
Dvirgil
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2005
Extra Info: v6 bare bones
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Vortec 4300 4.3L V6