jQuery not supported.

02 Silverado random missfire

02 Silverado random missfire

Postby Missmysquarebody [OP] » May 20 2018, 10:20pm

Okay guys I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado with the 5.3 Vortec I am getting a random misfire now the motor is out of a 99 Silverado but I have replaced all coil packs all done plugs and wires fuel filter I'm holding in 52 lb a fuel pressure with a key on 4950 lb running has new fuel pressure regulator on it new MAF sensor I have swapped all injectors out what the problem I'm having is I'm getting a random misfire code and I had a camshaft positioning sensor code because the wires had broke off for the pigtail that plugs into the sensor I fixed it clear the code out and now I'm getting random misfire code again had it hooked up to a Snap-On computer done running Diagnostics and it shows my number one cylinder misfiring a lot compared to the others but it's my only my Left Bank that is doing it the passenger side runs perfect No Mess no nothing I can pull my plug wire off of the bottom of the coil pack and it shows really bright blue Spark up to an inch away from it but it doesn't make the motor run any different I can unplug all four coil packs on the driver side and the motor runs the same I need help I can't figure it out I've also tested the compression on every cylinder done fuel pressure test I've listened to each injector with a mechanic's stethoscope oh and the guy who put this motor in did not hook up the EGR valve I can't even find the pigtail on the wiring harness for it
Original Poster
Missmysquarebody
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2002
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 2002 truck 99 motor
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 02 Silverado random missfire

Postby country1911 » May 21 2018, 6:39pm

Intake gaskets, specifically the left bank. The leak is allowing air into the engine after the MAF which is not accounted for in the fuel/air table. This causes a rich condition and a random misfire. It will smoke the cat converters quickly if not addressed.
country1911
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Topics: 46
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2018
Extra Info: CCSB
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Missmysquarebody [OP] » May 21 2018, 10:36pm

The catalytic converters I have been gutted and I just changed intake gaskets last night still doing the same thing it has me puzzled
Original Poster
Missmysquarebody
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2002
Extra Info: 2002 truck 99 motor
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby silentbravo » May 21 2018, 11:00pm

Are the spark plugs clean/in good shape? Not getting oil fouled?
silentbravo
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 21
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2001
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 2500HD SLE 6.0L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Vortec 5300 5.3L V8