Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

2002 GMC 5.3L STARTS cold. cranks cranks if motor was hot

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  dshaff24 
#1 ·
Hello, I got a gmc sierra 5.3 that runs great with no Codes what so ever.. BUT if I run it to temp and then let it sit for say 20-30 minutes it will crank crank crank then start. I allready installed 2 fuel pressure regulaters just trying to see if one was defective but I never had fuel in the vac line. Its got a new gm fuel pump and I replaced all the fuel lines with GM replacement lines and new fuel filter. SO anyway I
tested fuel pressure yesterday and kind of left it on over night to see what it would be in the morning. So here it goes.
put Gauge on and turned key on 50+ psi instantly started the truck and let it run it @ 52-53 psi kind of bouncing between the two. Shut the truck off and it holds pressure @ 50 psi for say 5 minutes.. then it actually with max out with the engine off to 58 psi. Assuming the heat causes pressure increase then over about 45 to a hour it goes down to about 30 psi.. If I let it sit over night its at 0 psi but it starts immeditely when COLD. So anyway im thinking its got to be a leaking injector.. I sure hope its not the regulator or the fuel pump cause those are both NEW. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! We plan on taking it to the beach in a few weeks and hoping to get it fixed!! Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.