jQuery not supported.

using Anti seize on knock sensor?

Postby scott_z71 [OP] » Jun 29 2020, 9:14pm

Has anybody put Anti Seize on knock sensor threads when replacing them? I'm in the process of replacing my knock sensors now. Any like several post I have read on here my rear knock sensor is rusted in bad and I can't get it out. I'm going to pull the valley pan as some other post have mentioned so that I can get more access to that knock sensor. I was thinking about putting anti seize on the threads so this does not happen again. I was worried that if I put anti seize on the threads if it might cause a grounding problem which would cause problems with a knock sensor code. I bought AC Delco knock sensors and harness.
Original Poster
scott_z71
Topics: 1
Year: 2006
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: using Anti seize on knock sensor?

Postby MIKE91B » Jun 29 2020, 10:01pm

Tons of people put anti seize on spark plugs and they ground just fine. It’s a lot more voltage on a spark plug but it works. I suspect you would be just fine.
2015 Reg cab, 2wd, 5.3l, On3 single turbo, E85 conversion, 4.10 rear gear, and HP Tuner software.
MIKE91B
Automotive Technician
Automotive Technician
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
Topics: 14
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2015
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Postby 295/60r20 » Jul 01 2020, 4:35pm

we did not see the need for antiseize in the knock sensor recess when we were repairing the knock sensors on my truck. So long as you have new knock sensor rubber boots that cover them, and do the TSB w/ the rtv-gasket ring around the problem sensor you should be just fine.

I did mine well over 4 years ago and havent had a problem sense, and do not plan on having the need to remove a knock sensor again for the life of the engine.

Approach the job from this manner and you wont need to use anti-seize. but to each his own. a small bit on the threads couldnt hurt but its torqued at like 80 inch pounds or something so its really a very light amount of torque if memory serves me correctly.
295/60r20
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 86
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2004
Extra Info: 5.3L V8. Ext-Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby scott_z71 [OP] » Jul 01 2020, 9:22pm

I did not use anti seize when I installed the new knock sensors. Hopefully I will not have to do that again. I used AC Delco sensors and harness and did the recommended RTV.
Original Poster
scott_z71
Topics: 1
Year: 2006
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Vortec 5300 5.3L V8