jQuery not supported.

help with code p0011

help with code p0011

Postby luvs5kids [OP] » May 06 2015, 7:34pm

Hey guys, my truck is an 07 1500 with the 6.0l and 190k miles and I can't get her running right. Last Jan she was at the mechanic for what started as a no oil pressure problem and the mechanic said it was a blown head gasket. Fixed that, next another problem with the oil pressure, which he said was a leaky hose (sorry I can't remember more details). We fixed that and also had him clean my throttle body which I kept getting a code for on and off since the previous fall. All seemed to be well (although I thought my oil pressure seemed to be lower than before I started having all my issues - at idle it is a little less than 20 and it never quite makes it up to forty). This March, she started misfiring on cylinder four and after some basic investigating including replacing the injector I took her back to the mechanic. He said it was the valve lifter and 2800 dollars later, she had all new valve lifters and all the necessary gaskets. He told me to replace the belts and the throttle body which I did. Now she is throwing another code and I'm getting the old traction control and stabilitrac lights flashing and she's shifting really hard. This happens every time something is wrong with my truck so I'm assuming it's some kind of "safe mode" like on a computer?

Should I replace the camshaft position sensor? Any ideas where to start?

Thanks,
Deb
Original Poster
luvs5kids
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 5
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 1500 6.0L V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: help with code p0011

Postby djlove » May 06 2015, 8:34pm

I would start with the camshaft position sensor replacement, pretty common on the vortec motors in your body style. There are lots of youtube videos on the interwebs that can help you save some money and do it yourself. I believe it sits under the upper intake manifold so you can do those gaskets at the same time since it will be apart anyway and will save you some $$ long term. Check for parts on Rockauto, very reputable seller.

Your probably right about the Stabilitrac stuff, i have had it flash on my truck for various issues as well not related to the speed sensors which are the typical culprits. I also recomend pulling all the electrical connections under the hood apart and cleaning them up with some steel wool/sandpaper and applying some dielectric grease. A bad ground will throw the stabilitrac light as well.
djlove
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 24
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2009
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby luvs5kids [OP] » May 06 2015, 8:39pm

I'm actually having trouble finding a video...the only one I found with my engine is a lousy video someone did after the fact on a suburban. I can at least tell from the video where the sensor is but I'm having a hard time getting it out.
Original Poster
luvs5kids
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby djlove » May 06 2015, 8:47pm

djlove
Topics: 24
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2009
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby luvs5kids [OP] » May 06 2015, 8:59pm

It's about a foot under my alternator...in the middle of the belts..
Original Poster
luvs5kids
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby luvs5kids [OP] » May 06 2015, 9:04pm

This was the video I found with the same engine but it's really not a particularly helpful video
Watch "Camshaft position sensor 2007 chevy tahoe suburban" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/cvXenStkoOI
Original Poster
luvs5kids
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Vortec 6000 6.0L V8