jQuery not supported.

Sierra Tailights

Forum rules
Always remember this is the internet folks. People get scammed every day (although, thankfully not here). Be aware of who you are dealing with and the product you're potentially buying. A little common sense goes a long way.
SilveradoSierra.com and it's staff members accept no liability to transactions through our site(s).

Topics and posts in this forum MUST pertain to ChevySilverado and GMCSierra wants and desires.

Sierra Tailights

Postby inkaholic [OP] » Mar 04 2013, 5:25am

WTB or WTT.

But buying would prolly be better. Looking at swapping out my Silverado taillights for the Sierra ones. Is this a direct swap? I don't see why not. I know some of you have purchased the LED style but I'm wanting to try and keep it OEM as possible. I just prefer the looks of the Sierra tails over the Silverado ones.
4.5" MaxTrac Spindle Lift
1.25" RC Body Lift
Bilstein 5100s
33x12.50r20 on 20x9 +0 American Eagle Wheels
LTZ Grille
Airaid MIT
DiaboSport Tune

The warrior above all others prays for peace, for it is the warrior above all others who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.
Original Poster
inkaholic
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Topics: 24
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: CCSB LT2
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Re: Sierra Tailights

Postby murkedout » Mar 04 2013, 5:32am

they do look sooo much better...i like the flow of the chrome in the reverse light being at the bottom of the light versus how its up in the middle of the silverado...

try this link maybe...i used to work at a body shop that used these aftermarket parts and they were dead stock in appearance and performance..cant find the website for REPLACE but they make good quality stuff and cheap

http://www.carid.com/2010-gmc-sierra-ta ... 22505.html
Jesus said to them ".....if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.” - Luke 22:36
murkedout
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 5.3 Crew
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ukjw21 » Mar 04 2013, 5:38am

make sure before you buy...
I'm pretty sure I saw a thread on here several months ago about this and it turned out that the tail lights were NOT interchangeable......
ukjw21
Auto 4WD Mode [L3]
Auto 4WD Mode [L3]
Topics: 69
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby sparkjumper » Mar 04 2013, 5:42am

I think Johns right the wires are not long enough to reach the new bulb locations, they could be extended.
sparkjumper
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Extra Info: All Star 4X4 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Alfred Payne » Mar 04 2013, 5:45am

I thought the Sierra ones were shaped different and wouldn't work. :dunno:
Silverado 1500 LTZ 6.2L
4" Tuff Country lift
20" BMF Novakanes
MBRP cat back
Alfred Payne
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Year: 2010
Extra Info: 1500 LTZ 6.2L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby murkedout » Mar 04 2013, 6:15am

Alfred Payne wrote:I thought the Sierra ones were shaped different and wouldn't work. :dunno:

you are absolutely correct...i just went outside and inspected mine(sierra) and my buddys(silverado)....its a no go...fitment would be almost impossible without doing extensive body work and at that point..why???.. 8-)
Jesus said to them ".....if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.” - Luke 22:36
murkedout
Topics: 2
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 5.3 Crew
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby inkaholic [OP] » Mar 04 2013, 6:20am

Thanks for the assistance guys! Much appreciated. Looks like if I want the "Sierra" look I will have to go with aftermarket lights. I like the reverse lights being on the bottom rather than in the center. Saved me a bunch of trouble.
4.5" MaxTrac Spindle Lift
1.25" RC Body Lift
Bilstein 5100s
33x12.50r20 on 20x9 +0 American Eagle Wheels
LTZ Grille
Airaid MIT
DiaboSport Tune

The warrior above all others prays for peace, for it is the warrior above all others who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.
Original Poster
inkaholic
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Year: 2013
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: CCSB LT2
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby sparkjumper » Mar 04 2013, 6:32am

I was going on a thread where a member was installing after market lights and the wires were not long enough and he was going to a GMC type layout with the back-up on the bottom and the Chevy wiring harness needed extended.
sparkjumper
Topics: 3
Extra Info: All Star 4X4 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Wanted