jQuery not supported.

Editing posts

How to edit posts?

Re: Editing posts

Postby ricka182 » Jul 07 2016, 2:44pm

PowerslavePA wrote:
Austin wrote:The editing time window is currently set at 1 hour.

Let me give you a little background on why editing a post at any time is not possible. I hesitate to change the editing time to "unlimited" because like we've experienced on another one of my sites, this ability can be abused in numerous ways. If ever a member becomes disgruntled they could edit/delete every one of their posts leaving holes in many topics or even change what they wrote later down the road to cause even more havoc.

Editing posts indefinitely leaves us wide open for malicious activity if accounts are ever compromised or a member gets upset and wants to do some destruction. I think with this setting it is going to be hard to please everyone. 1 hour is probably enough time to edit your post and get it the way you want it, but at the same time if someone puts up a good argument, 24 hours is probably okay too. Someone can become disgruntled and go back and delete their last 24 hours of posts and it wouldn't hurt us too bad.

I'm sorry if this inconveniences some people but it is the only way we can prevent members from going back and destroying every topic they've posted in. :)

That no longer matters. New FCC laws now give us ALL the legal right to have all our content
removed, and it does not matter what your Terms of Service says, or you. It is our content, and we
have the right to have it removed or edited. The only way this would not apply would be if you
are in another country, and have no "dba" in the USA, at all. No servers in the USA, nothing.
All hosting, registrar, and address information must be out of the country.

I am warning you with peace and love, but if I want it gone, you will comply or I will file a complaint
with the FCC, and they will make you do it. I have done it twice already. It was other users and
hypocritical staff, that prompted that action. I know there are rules, and guidelines, but you can't
stomp on our rights to remove and edit our content, not anymore. NO one has signed any agreement
here, and a check-box is NOT a legal binding contract. I have every right to edit, and remove content,
federal law SAYS so.

I do kind of want my post removed that pertains to the Decals I put on my truck, and I was bashed for it.
I can ask you to remove it, and you must comply, but I am not asking, nor demanding. if I have to make
the example, I will, but that also means you ban me from the site for exercising my rights.

You want to stop editing and removals, but then you do less to prevent the bashing that other users do, that
makes people angry and want to leave, and want their content deleted as a result. You can't have it both ways,
and thankfully now, you don't. Your staff stomps on freedom of speech, but then won't allow editing or deleting,
but THEY can edit and delete. You don't stop your moderators from being hypocrites, as they remove
comments from some users, allowing the same from others, making the user angry, and want their stuff removed.

Thank you FCC for giving us the legal recourse...

LOLOLOLOL.....what a great laugh this was.. So uneducated, and almost borderline threatening...hahaha... This kind of jackassery opinion is why the internet exists...

Tissues, aisle 8. Next to the mirrors, I mean douchebags...
2006 Silverado 1500
Atomic Coilover Conversion - Viking Warrior/PAC Springs
RCX 6" lift
Cognito UCAs
American Outlaw Bandit wheels - 17x9/-10
BFG A/T KO2 - 285/70/17
Corsa DB Catback
New Pic coming soon

Illegitimi non carborundum
ricka182
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 179
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2006
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Z71
Extra Info: 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
Servicemen
SilveradoSierra Guru
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby judsonlimited » Jul 07 2016, 2:47pm

Well said, Rick

"CritterGitter: I'm just baffled at the amount of dumb worthless douchebaggery I see being done to these good trucks"

JEFFREY EPSTEIN DIDN'T KILL HIMSELF
judsonlimited
Topics: 139
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2019
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Trumpster1 [OP] » Jul 07 2016, 3:07pm

Well guys, no worries, he is no longer active on the site. We sure don't need the negativity around here and threatening tone.

We got this!

T1

Traded my baby for a fuel efficient vehicle, I couldn't see using her as a road rage machine anymore. I WILL be back in the game at some point.

Contact me at: [email protected]
Original Poster
Trumpster1
Technical Director
Technical Director
Topics: 175
Years of membership: 10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 6.2L Crew Std Bed
Group Membership:
Administrators
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby ferraiolo1 » Jul 07 2016, 3:12pm

Thank you!
SierraHarley: So lets gets this straight.... your opinion is people shouldn't post their opinions and people should be able to do whatever they want although you're telling people that have a difference of opinion what they should do?
ferraiolo1
Topics: 99
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2017
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: Z71 5.3
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby ricka182 » Jul 07 2016, 3:21pm

Muchas Gracias T1 and staff!
2006 Silverado 1500
Atomic Coilover Conversion - Viking Warrior/PAC Springs
RCX 6" lift
Cognito UCAs
American Outlaw Bandit wheels - 17x9/-10
BFG A/T KO2 - 285/70/17
Corsa DB Catback
New Pic coming soon

Illegitimi non carborundum
ricka182
Staff Member
Staff Member
Topics: 179
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2006
Variant: Z71
Extra Info: 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
Servicemen
SilveradoSierra Guru
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby Trumpster1 [OP] » Jul 07 2016, 3:24pm

Anytime guys!

Traded my baby for a fuel efficient vehicle, I couldn't see using her as a road rage machine anymore. I WILL be back in the game at some point.

Contact me at: [email protected]
Original Poster
Trumpster1
Technical Director
Technical Director
Topics: 175
Years of membership: 10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 6.2L Crew Std Bed
Group Membership:
Administrators
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby n8dh » Jul 07 2016, 3:26pm

*tips hat*
2010 Silverado LT|5.3|4x4|RC 2"|Zone AAL|17x9 -12 Ultra Baron|285/70/17 Toyo OC A/T II|Airaid MIT|JT3030XL|32 Dump Club|Window Tint|Tow Mirrors|Tinted Tails
n8dh's 2010 Silverado

n8dh
Topics: 37
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2010
Extra Info: LT 1500 5.3L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 00pooterSS » Nov 13 2020, 8:09pm

If it was a plague that was sweeping the website I would understand but this is based of an extremely far reaching hypothetical situation that would likely occur in under .000001% of posts

In over 20 year of being on many different forums I've never seen anyone edit a post maliciously, and if someone did it's just words on the internet.
2014 Sierra SLT. K&N intake, ported TB, SE headers, 3.5" exhaust, dropped 3.5/5.5 custom drop by me. 24's. Tuned by Sam.
00pooterSS
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Variant: SLT
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby roorancher » Nov 13 2020, 9:13pm

If you're a member of the radical left, you'll get a serious case of "butt hurt" from just "words on the internet."

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

108,500 miles 11/1/20

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Topics: 105
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2015
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users
Previous

Return to Website Concerns