jQuery not supported.

Keyboard Justice Warriors LOL

Here is another post for you to delete. And pretend nobody disagrees with you.

Keyboard Justice Warriors LOL

Postby apcnc [OP] » Sep 10 2019, 3:38am

As said just giving the keyboard justice warriors another thread to set them ablaze with deletion fury! :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm not going to waste my time on here anymore. I will let some of you in on what may happen with your post as well provided you see this before the KJW and realize I have difference of opinion and not praising the incompetence of this site, the "tech" guys supporting it (the grandson and his buddies) and the opinion police. I have noticed some of my post as well as others post/topics disappear. At first it didn't cross my mind that they were purposefully deleted. None had any reason to be deleted. It all came together today with one of the KJW making an example wielding his authoritah. I then made a new topic and simply post my disagreement of how a differing opinion was not allowed. They immediately provided further evidence to my point deleting the topic. The KJW are banning your opinion similar to gooooogles tactics. I also called it and infection of gooooooodle. :lol: The topic was removed with 10-30 min I believe. I'm not sure of the time just guestimating. Anyway I'm going to leave it with the rest of you that remain. I don't care to promote this behavior especially for keyboard warriors that cannot successfully support or run an open source forum. It would be hilarious for some of you to copy this post and someone else repost it everytime the opinion police delete it! :lol: Good Luck!

BTW... here is an idea for you. Well its would be if you didn't have the grandson and his buddies supporting the site. If you want to allow a vendor to promote his products without other people stating differing opinions or ideas. Don't use the standard forum setting. He can make his pitch and allow questions submitted which are visible only when he addresses them! :idea: Too bad that's a bit to far over the heads of the grandson and his buddies! I'm sure they can push buttons with the best of them though. :lol:
Original Poster
apcnc
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 19
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLT CC 4X4 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Keyboard Justice Warriors LOL

Postby MacQ » Sep 10 2019, 4:22am

I think I know the thread you were talking about. If I'm correct, I know I had a dissenting opinion and confronted the moderator after he scolded us for bashing the vendor's product. I noticed my dissenting post had not been removed, so after the moderator's explanation and strong request to "play nice" I figured I had played nice and respectfully.

To tell the truth, I did not, at first, realize/understand that it was a vendor's forum and after the moderator's request and solution as to where we could trash talk (not that I wanted to) was in the tailgate forum, I was satisfied.

To the best of my knowledge, this is not a publicly owned site. Therefore, the administrator(s) can delete all they wish. Remember, freedom of speech is something the government can't take from you. Website administrators/moderators aren't the government.

However, apcnc, I do like your idea for a solution. Maybe the administrators/moderators will take it into consideration.
MacQ
Firing on 7 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 7 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 4
Year: 2001
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3L 4x4 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby apcnc [OP] » Sep 10 2019, 5:15am

Im still getting reply notifications. :lol: Right, I'm not suggesting that this public property. I agree they can delete any and everything they desire. It however is not in their best interest. Members, discussion and opinions make the board what it is. If they a required adopt the opinion of the owner the KJW or whomever, its no longer a discussion. There's no value there. I've seen many post disappear for no reason. Im surprised yours and some of the others are still online. Your fairly new and they want to build the base Ill assume. My post however were deleted bc I had a dissenting opinion with the site and how KJW was conducting himself. Then placed my opinion in its own uncategorized topic only to be removed also. This will be remove also Im sure. More Power to them. It not my site but Ill not participate in a forum that delete my opinion because I don't agree with there opinion and strategy.
Original Poster
apcnc
Topics: 19
Extra Info: SLT CC 4X4 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Tatsngats » Sep 10 2019, 5:29am

I was surprised at the actions of the moderator as well. I thought the discussion was respectful and educated. Biased censorship upsets me though. It’s like the liberals who claim they’re so open minded, unless your opinion differs from theres.
Tatsngats
Shifting into Second Gear [L3]
Shifting into Second Gear [L3]
Topics: 56
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Extra Info: 1500 CC 5.3L Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 1994Vmax » Sep 10 2019, 6:03am

I as well was surprised as I have literally never seen the admin do anything on this site. I saw nothing wrong with anything Copperhead wrote and quite frankly agreed with him. I assume the OP complained and being a sponsor the moderators got involved...
1994Vmax
Shifting into Third Gear [L3]
Shifting into Third Gear [L3]
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2017
Extra Info: 2500HD 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby dav2no1 » Sep 10 2019, 6:30am

Hmm I guess I missed some things. I ran (owned and moderated) a Yahoo chat group for over 10 years with worldwide members. I understand how flame wars can break out over incorrectly reading a post or rather misinterpreting one. I would think the mods here would inform you of what they think was incorrect with your post if they felt the need to delete it. That would be the correct action. And if necessary they could moderate your posts. So these actions surprise me. I have seen several mods here post their opinions. Some were not very friendly for this board.
2012 SILVERADO LTZ 5.3L -4x4 -6 Speed -Bilstein- K&N -Borla- Line.X -GM Steps -LEDs-Diablew Tuned
1964 C-10 383 Stroker -12 Bolt Posi -Custom Holley 650 -Hurst Shifter -Stan's Headers -2 1/2" duals w/H pipe-40 series Flowmasters
dav2no1
Topics: 30
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2012
Extra Info: 5.3L LTZ 4X4 6 speed
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby ferraiolo1 » Sep 10 2019, 12:25pm

Gmfs doesn’t Delete anything. But it’s a free for all.

Vendor row isn’t a place for debating products. It’s not too hard to figure that out. Plenty of places on this forum (like the section you posted this in) to voice your opinions about products.

Haggling a vendor who pays to keep this forum alive... even while it’s on it’s death bed, isn’t ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SierraHarley: So lets gets this straight.... your opinion is people shouldn't post their opinions and people should be able to do whatever they want although you're telling people that have a difference of opinion what they should do?
ferraiolo1
Topics: 96
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: Z71 5.3
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby Bradley21sanders » Sep 10 2019, 1:07pm

ferraiolo1 wrote: Haggling a vendor who pays to keep this forum alive... even while it’s on it’s death bed, isn’t ideal.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bradley21sanders
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Topics: 46
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2009
Extra Info: 1500 5.3l 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby judsonlimited » Sep 10 2019, 1:08pm

There is nothing in the vendor's forum rules that says someone is not allowed to post opinions (of any kind) in those threads. So technically they are enforcing a rule that isn't written and from our eyes, doesn't exist.
Yeah they pay to sell a product, but they can't expect to not have critics

With all due respect to the mods, some of those guys are respectable contributing members of this site for years, but this group of mods have been the worst we've had.

"CritterGitter: I'm just baffled at the amount of dumb worthless douchebaggery I see being done to these good trucks"
judsonlimited
Topics: 135
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2015
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 4x4 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ferraiolo1 » Sep 10 2019, 1:16pm

It’s a little common sense. If you argue on vendor row thread, it’s common sense the vendor will say eff it and stop contributing.

There were a lot of valid points posted on there. I agreed with all of them. I think the amzoil marketing is a scam.

But doing it there isn’t doing the forum any favors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SierraHarley: So lets gets this straight.... your opinion is people shouldn't post their opinions and people should be able to do whatever they want although you're telling people that have a difference of opinion what they should do?
ferraiolo1
Topics: 96
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: Z71 5.3
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users
Next

Return to Website Concerns