jQuery not supported.

Black Bear Performance Tunes - Phoenix, AZ December 11/12

Re: Black Bear Performance Tunes - Phoenix, AZ December 11/1

Postby tony's08 [OP] » Oct 24 2014, 9:49pm

Overall I like the corvette servo. When the truck is cold the very first shift is a little rough, but I am going to ask Black Bear if they can do anything about that. When accelerating to get on the freeway, I love the quick/firm shifts. All my shifts seem faster and a little firmer. I ordered the servo through ebay from oregon performance transmission. It was about $20. I did need a friend to help me put it in. You need one hand to hold in the cover and you need 2 hands to get the snap ring back it. After installed I took a mirror and looked all around the snap ring to make sure it was fully seated. I have read a few stories about guys not getting the snap ring seated all the way and the cover pops off while driving.

If you have a weak 1-2 or 2-3 shift, I would reccomend the vette servo. Black Bear can also tune in firmer shifts...but its really up to you which way to go. Apparently the vette servo holds the bands tighter and reduces slippage to make your trans last longer. Im just telling you what I have read online. There is a ton of information out there.
Original Poster
tony's08
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2008
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3 4L60E 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to West