jQuery not supported.

Do you have a 6.0 in Colorado?

Re: Do you have a 6.0 in Colorado?

Postby silentbravo » Oct 08 2019, 1:53am

My 3 tests were something like 9, 10.3 and 10.5 seconds. This was according to Torque app, which I kind of suspect may have been using GPS and the roads weren't perfectly level or straight which messes with GPS.

Black Bear Tune, AIRAID MIT, 31" tires and a heavy truck. Elevation somewhere around 2400-2600ft I think. I would say the 10 second times were closer to "real" if anything.
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 6.0 4x4
Mods: Bilstein 5100s, Airaid M.I.T., Custom LED Fog Lights, Custom Tablet Center Console, Catch Can, E-fans, Backup Camera, Black Bear Performance Tuned
My Build Log: silentbravo's 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD
silentbravo
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
Topics: 16
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2001
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 2500HD SLE 6.0L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Do you have a 6.0 in Colorado?

Postby Turbochris » Oct 08 2019, 2:40am

ThaDoubleJ wrote: I'm not kidding about all the Silverados out here. Guy on the corner has one, guy next door has one. Guy other next door has one. Guy across the street has one. 2 guys at work have them. My office still has one. My brother has one. You have one. Everyone in this thread has one. Everyone on this forum has one.

What does your brother's truck run?
What about the other guys?
6.0L or not can be a good baseline to see how those compare to what the testing says from various sources.
Your truck is in fact slower because of the altitude and all the test results you are seeing are also not at your elevation obviously. If your brother say he has a 5.3L and it runs about the same times as your truck then there is nothing wrong with your truck and you have your answer. I wouldn't expect a lot of gains with mild mods on such a heavy vehicle especially in just 0-60mph as the measurement.
Turbochris
Year: 2013
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 5.3L CCSB 4x4 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to West