jQuery not supported.



Best combo to avoid rubbing?

Re: Best combo to avoid rubbing?

Postby LRod [OP] » Nov 07 2019, 6:11pm

Bradley21sanders wrote:pretty much decide if you had rather have a little bit shorter tire but wider or vice versa and go from there..

personally I think some 295/60r20s would look great, not sure if you'd have to ziptie plastics back or not though.. if I ever get a set of 20s that's the size im shooting for
That size as an idea too. It's even taller though than the 305. I like the tall vs wide but not to thin either. I think any of those sizes would work for that look.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Original Poster
User avatar
LRod
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Posts: 225
Topics: 16
Joined: Oct 09 2019, 5:36am
Location: Florida
Year: 2019
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: LD 5.3 V8 LT 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Best combo to avoid rubbing?

Postby TXGREEK » Nov 07 2019, 6:55pm

LRod wrote:These are the combos I'm thinking about:
-CST 4.5 or Zone 4.5 lift
-20x9 0 offset wheels
-305/55/20 or 33x12.5x20 or 295/55/20 tires

Which combination do you think will work without rubbing/no trimming on my LD 4x4?

CST doesn’t widen your track width like Zone does so that said, not sure it’s affect on rubbing. I’ve got the CST 4.5” lift with 20x9 +1 offset running 296/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers with zero rubbing

Image


Sent from Above
User avatar
TXGREEK
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Posts: 541
Topics: 3
Joined: Mar 01 2018, 2:48pm
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2018
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Best combo to avoid rubbing?

Postby LRod [OP] » Nov 07 2019, 7:28pm

TXGREEK wrote:
LRod wrote:These are the combos I'm thinking about:
-CST 4.5 or Zone 4.5 lift
-20x9 0 offset wheels
-305/55/20 or 33x12.5x20 or 295/55/20 tires

Which combination do you think will work without rubbing/no trimming on my LD 4x4?

CST doesn’t widen your track width like Zone does so that said, not sure it’s affect on rubbing. I’ve got the CST 4.5” lift with 20x9 +1 offset running 296/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers with zero rubbing

Image


Sent from Above
I'll definitely be going with the CST. I'll spend the Xtra money and the heck with it. Main thing is quality and the least amount of cutting etc. And of course no rubbing. So I definitely should be good with those sizes.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Original Poster
User avatar
LRod
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Posts: 225
Topics: 16
Joined: Oct 09 2019, 5:36am
Location: Florida
Year: 2019
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: LD 5.3 V8 LT 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Best combo to avoid rubbing?

Postby TXGREEK » Nov 07 2019, 8:14pm

LRod wrote:
TXGREEK wrote:[quote="LRod"]These are the combos I'm thinking about:
-CST 4.5 or Zone 4.5 lift
-20x9 0 offset wheels
-305/55/20 or 33x12.5x20 or 295/55/20 tires

Which combination do you think will work without rubbing/no trimming on my LD 4x4?

CST doesn’t widen your track width like Zone does so that said, not sure it’s affect on rubbing. I’ve got the CST 4.5” lift with 20x9 +1 offset running 296/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers with zero rubbing

Image


Sent from Above
I'll definitely be going with the CST. I'll spend the Xtra money and the heck with it. Main thing is quality and the least amount of cutting etc. And of course no rubbing. So I definitely should be good with those sizes.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk[/quote]

Excellent choice! CST usually runs sales around this time of year, hit them up and see for yourself. Although coil overs give the best ride, you can either use your factory front shocks or go with an entry level performance shock like Bilstein which gives lifetime warranty but you’ll definitely need new rears for the added height. Good luck and don’t hesitate to ask any questions. Good luck and post pics when you can.


Sent from Above
User avatar
TXGREEK
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Posts: 541
Topics: 3
Joined: Mar 01 2018, 2:48pm
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2018
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Best combo to avoid rubbing?

Postby LRod [OP] » Nov 07 2019, 8:47pm

TXGREEK wrote:
LRod wrote:[quote="TXGREEK"][quote="LRod"]These are the combos I'm thinking about:
-CST 4.5 or Zone 4.5 lift
-20x9 0 offset wheels
-305/55/20 or 33x12.5x20 or 295/55/20 tires

Which combination do you think will work without rubbing/no trimming on my LD 4x4?

CST doesn’t widen your track width like Zone does so that said, not sure it’s affect on rubbing. I’ve got the CST 4.5” lift with 20x9 +1 offset running 296/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers with zero rubbing

Image


Sent from Above
I'll definitely be going with the CST. I'll spend the Xtra money and the heck with it. Main thing is quality and the least amount of cutting etc. And of course no rubbing. So I definitely should be good with those sizes.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk[/quote]

Excellent choice! CST usually runs sales around this time of year, hit them up and see for yourself. Although coil overs give the best ride, you can either use your factory front shocks or go with an entry level performance shock like Bilstein which gives lifetime warranty but you’ll definitely need new rears for the added height. Good luck and don’t hesitate to ask any questions. Good luck and post pics when you can.


Sent from Above[/quote]I will. I'm still in budgeting but should be good to go in a few weeks. I'm gonna see if CST directly has some sale soon like you say. These installers that gave me the quote will order it all but the guy says I have to pay for shipping. I dont agree with that because every place I see has free shipping. Maybe I'll buy the stuff myself and then take it to install. Might save some money like that.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Original Poster
User avatar
LRod
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Posts: 225
Topics: 16
Joined: Oct 09 2019, 5:36am
Location: Florida
Year: 2019
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: LD 5.3 V8 LT 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Best combo to avoid rubbing?

Postby LRod [OP] » Nov 07 2019, 9:51pm

Any issues with the factory upper control arms with this combination using the CST lift?
Factory arms are ok?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Original Poster
User avatar
LRod
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Posts: 225
Topics: 16
Joined: Oct 09 2019, 5:36am
Location: Florida
Year: 2019
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: LD 5.3 V8 LT 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Best combo to avoid rubbing?

Postby TXGREEK » Nov 07 2019, 9:59pm

LRod wrote:Any issues with the factory upper control arms with this combination using the CST lift?
Factory arms are ok?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

One year now with No issues at all, perfect stock angles


Sent from Above
User avatar
TXGREEK
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Posts: 541
Topics: 3
Joined: Mar 01 2018, 2:48pm
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2018
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Best combo to avoid rubbing?

Postby LRod [OP] » Nov 07 2019, 10:11pm

TXGREEK wrote:
LRod wrote:Any issues with the factory upper control arms with this combination using the CST lift?
Factory arms are ok?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

One year now with No issues at all, perfect stock angles


Sent from Above
Cool! Good to know.
How about brakes?
Any upgrades or will factory brakes suffice?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Original Poster
User avatar
LRod
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Posts: 225
Topics: 16
Joined: Oct 09 2019, 5:36am
Location: Florida
Year: 2019
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: LD 5.3 V8 LT 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Best combo to avoid rubbing?

Postby TXGREEK » Nov 07 2019, 10:14pm

LRod wrote:
TXGREEK wrote:[quote="LRod"]Any issues with the factory upper control arms with this combination using the CST lift?
Factory arms are ok?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

One year now with No issues at all, perfect stock angles


Sent from Above
Cool! Good to know.
How about brakes?
Any upgrades or will factory brakes suffice?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk[/quote]

It’s all good but did notice as with all lifts, need for upgrading brakes is optional and as long as you’ve got enough back space you’ll be good to add later


Sent from Above
User avatar
TXGREEK
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Posts: 541
Topics: 3
Joined: Mar 01 2018, 2:48pm
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2018
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Best combo to avoid rubbing?

Postby LRod [OP] » Nov 07 2019, 10:27pm

TXGREEK wrote:
LRod wrote:[quote="TXGREEK"][quote="LRod"]Any issues with the factory upper control arms with this combination using the CST lift?
Factory arms are ok?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

One year now with No issues at all, perfect stock angles


Sent from Above
Cool! Good to know.
How about brakes?
Any upgrades or will factory brakes suffice?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk[/quote]

It’s all good but did notice as with all lifts, need for upgrading brakes is optional and as long as you’ve got enough back space you’ll be good to add later


Sent from Above[/quote]Great, thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Original Poster
User avatar
LRod
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Posts: 225
Topics: 16
Joined: Oct 09 2019, 5:36am
Location: Florida
Year: 2019
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: LD 5.3 V8 LT 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to Wheels/Tires

 

  • Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Common search terms

think work back avoid rubbing combo front thanks

It is currently Nov 12 2019, 7:40am

  • Sponsor
Login  •  Register
Wheels/Tires Forum
Wheels/TiresDiscussion about wheels and tires also called rims and rubber. Tires come in low profile radials, all-terrain passenger tires, sport or off-road tires and even swampers or mud boggers. Talk about backspacing, aluminum or alloys, inflation and wear.
To create a new topic in Wheels/Tires, click this button:
Previous topic Next topic
Sitewide News Sitemaps & Feeds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests