jQuery not supported.

Need all terrain tires for 2wd

Need all terrain tires for 2wd

Postby sdupontjr [OP] » Sep 10 2019, 11:28am

I have been reading through threads all morning and haven't found much concerning my situation. I just recently gave my oldest son my Sierra 1500 4wd and I purchased a Silverado 1500 but in 2wd. When I had my 4wd, I would rarely put it in 4wd thus me getting the 2wd for a little better ride. Problem is where I hunt, the front part can get a little soft and these daily driver crap tires on this 2wd will get stuck in wet clover. I by no mean need a M/T and it doesn't get bad, but will have some standing water and get a little soft. What do you guys recommend as far a an A/T tire for this?
Original Poster
sdupontjr
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 3
Year: 2008
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Need all terrain tires for 2wd

Postby ricka182 » Sep 10 2019, 12:15pm

I don't think an AT tire would be different for a 2wd or 4wd, so whatever AT you like if you had one in the past. If not, KO2's are fantastic IMO, and I know Toyo, Falken, and Nitto also have good reviews. But you'll get 100 "opinions" on the best tire...

Also, I don't think ride change much from 2wd to 4wd, aside from a little taller. But better tires will certainly help you push through any crappy areas, just be easy on the gas...nothing worse than getting dug-in stuck in a 2wd...
2006 Silverado 1500
Atomic Coilover Conversion - Viking Warrior/PAC Springs
RCX 6" lift
Cognito UCAs
American Outlaw Bandit wheels - 17x9/-10
BFG A/T KO2 - 285/70/17
Corsa DB Catback
New Pic coming soon

Illegitimi non carborundum
ricka182
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 170
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2006
Extra Info: Z71 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
SilveradoSierra Guru
Global moderators
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby GOAT721 » Sep 10 2019, 1:26pm

i wouldn't expect the ride to be any different either. with the new trucks, they all ride way better than the old ones.

anyway, since you are going through soft areas with a 2wd truck, I would suggest an AT on the more aggressive end of the spectrum since you don't have the 4wd option and you will be more reliant on your tires capability. I think you should strongly consider the duratracs. I really like them on my truck, they are a bit more open of a tread design so should help in your soft/wet areas.
2015, 1500, Z71, Crew Cab, 6'4" Bed
GOAT721
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Topics: 41
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2015
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 CCRB
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby sdupontjr [OP] » Sep 10 2019, 2:49pm

Yeah i know I'll get tons of opinions. To best describe the area, its like a dirt farm road. Its does have a gravel base, but dirt layer on top. So I won't just keep sinking, eventually I will hit bottom. But I also have to take into account pulling my trailer with my Polaris ranger on it. But like you mentioned, I have looked at the Nitto terra grabbers, KO's, Wildpeaks. My truck i gave my son had Toyo's. I haven't looked at the duratracs though.
Original Poster
sdupontjr
Topics: 3
Year: 2008
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SilverShot » Sep 11 2019, 1:55am

KO2s would be my vote
2010 Silverado - 10-12" Cognito Lift w/ 4.88s - Fox Factory Coilovers DSC - Cognito Uniball UCAs - AFE Power CAI - 22x12 Ballistic Rage 959 w/ Atturo 37x13.50 - Tow Mirrors - Road Armor Stealth Front Bumper - 5% tint on rear windows 20% on front
SilverShot
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 7
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2010
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Wheels/Tires