jQuery not supported.

New Meats

New Meats

Postby TheMightyWhitey [OP] » Jul 29 2020, 10:08pm

Yesterday while driving to meet friends for some retriever training; I got a warning on the DIC that my RF tire was low on air. Checked on the DIC.........22psi. Decided to drive on, as it was only 10-12 miles more to where I was going. Long story short..................within 10 seconds, according to the DIC its down to 21psi, then 20, 19.......etc.

Pull off the I-road to change tire. Get out of truck, and I can hear the hiss of air escaping a tire.

Grab all the stuff to change the tire.................fresh brushed concrete roadways are hard on bare knees!!! Swap spare onto RF...........thrown bad tire and tire changing stuff into the back of my truck.

Continue on, get some training in, drive home...............unload dogs and training stuff, grab lunch, and head over to Discount Tire about 1 mile away from my house. They don't have the tires I want in stock; so the order them and I make an appointment for today, as they can get them that fast. Cool.

Go get in my truck this morning to go work.............1 revolution of the engine before nothing.............battery dead. Crap, don't look good for getting work done today. None of my friendly neighbors are home to give me a jumpstart; as they have jobs and really work for a living, so I walk to the WallyWorld to buy a battery.

Buy the battery, and wheel it in the cart as far as can go without being accused of stealing their cart. :o Then I had to carry it the 1/2 mile home from there!!!

***** GM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,why do I need to take apart the passenger side of the truck to change a battery???!!!! Prolly listened to an engineer vs. a mechanic that day!!!

All that said; I started imbibing a little early today!!

I'll get some pix of the new "meats" when I can.

Went with Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S. I've always had great luck with Cooper tires on my 3/4 and 1 ton trucks in the past.
MAGA
Original Poster
TheMightyWhitey
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Topics: 58
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2016
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Hybrid
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: New Meats

Postby SierraHarley » Jul 29 2020, 10:17pm

With this heat I hope you put some conditioner in that battery... :D

Vision Manic wheels * BFG KO2 265/70/17E * Motofab level * Diablew * iboards * Extang trifold signature
35% autobahn black * W/T mud flaps * Line-X * DD SL1 headlights * E2 catch can * GMC floor liners
Retarded driver
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 28
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLE 4x4 5.3L
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Re: New Meats

Postby TheMightyWhitey [OP] » Jul 29 2020, 10:31pm

SierraHarley wrote:With this heat I hope you put some conditioner in that battery... :D

../.
MAGA
Original Poster
TheMightyWhitey
Topics: 58
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2016
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Hybrid
Group Membership: