jQuery not supported.

What Rim/Tire Combo for Lifted 98 Silverado

What Rim/Tire Combo for Lifted 98 Silverado

Postby BigFella [OP] » Sep 24 2011, 5:17am

My 98 Silverado was recently lifted 5" and the current cooper discoverers are nearly the end of their life. Tires are coming before winter, and I'm going to end up doing rims too. Just wondering if anybody has any opinions...I've looked into the current 2011 Silverado 18" wheels with bf goodrich km2s. Anybody know if the offset on the wheels would fit? (I have the 6 lug patters) Thanks for the input!
Original Poster
BigFella
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 1998
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 350 5.7
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: What Rim/Tire Combo for Lifted 98 Silverado

Postby lilmagoo1 » Sep 28 2011, 12:53pm

i dont think the offset will fit. do you want tires that stick out? i had a 98 with a 3 inch lift. you should be able to fit a 35 maybe with minor cutting. i had 33's on a 15 inch rim. with a deep offset. looked sick tires were actually a 33x12.50x15 stuck out around an inch on each side. and i dont think they will fit because of the lift i think the A arm will hit your rim and that wouldnt be good. lol but buy a cheap set of wagon wheels chrome or some bullet hole rims for like 100 bucks a piece if that and your tires cost drops down by a significant amount of money by having a smaller rim.
: 2018 Silverado Z71, LT2 All star edition, 4x4, 3.5” RCX lift, 20x10-24 Pure Grit PG101 wheels and Fury offroad country hunter MT 33x12.50R20:
lilmagoo1
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 80
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2018
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 5.3 L 4x4
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Return to Wheels/Tires