jQuery not supported.

Wheel Spacers

My take and knowledge of wheel spacers

Re: Wheel Spacers

Postby Bradley21sanders » Aug 27 2020, 4:50pm

A lot of my engineering colleagues are very smart.. but they seem to lack one important thing. Common sense. And three things can account for the way they design stuff

1. Deadlines
2. Company wants this designed as cheap as possible
3. Lack of collaboration due to pride

Being lead design engineer for a formula 1 style car I can see how some things come up last minute and then you either change a big part of the design or you live with the hard to get to oil filter. Unfortunately..

but to address the load on the lugs.. as traxx the non engineer pointed out.. when you get hub centric spacers then the bolts are doing what they are designed for clamping force.
148,833 as of 5/26/21
Diablew 89 tune~Halo Lifts Coilovers (2 1/2")+1 1/2" Zone Body lift~RC Forged UCAs~Carven TR~4.56/Eaton Truetrac~285/75r17 Falken Wildpeaks~Deaver mini pack
Bradley21sanders
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 62
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: LT
Extra Info: CCSB 1500 5.3L 2WD
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby Loose Screw » Jun 10 2021, 8:26pm

2004 1500 Base Single Cab Short Bed. 16" Factory Steel Wheels.
Ok, This seems to be The thread to ask.
I installed a 3" RC lift on my truck which pushed my front track out. The difference between the front and back track is very close to 1.5" total narrower in the rear (.75" each side).
Question: Am I going to be able to find .75" Bolt On Spacers (trim the oem lug studs) Or at .75" am I going to have to replace the oem lug studs with longer ones and use slip on spacers?

tia
Last edited by Loose Screw on Jun 10 2021, 9:06pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loose Screw
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 5
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Extra Info: 4.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Bradley21sanders » Jun 10 2021, 8:50pm

I would likely just live with the track width difference.. 3/4" slip on seems sketchy as does trimming the factory studs down that far. I would have to look at the lug thread engagement to know if it was even safe to trim that much off.
148,833 as of 5/26/21
Diablew 89 tune~Halo Lifts Coilovers (2 1/2")+1 1/2" Zone Body lift~RC Forged UCAs~Carven TR~4.56/Eaton Truetrac~285/75r17 Falken Wildpeaks~Deaver mini pack
Bradley21sanders
Topics: 62
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2009
Variant: LT
Extra Info: CCSB 1500 5.3L 2WD
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users
Previous

Return to Wheels/Tires