jQuery not supported.

which best website to buy wheels?

which best website to buy wheels?

Postby mountainsled800 [OP] » May 10 2012, 4:00am

want to know which best website to buy wheels and tires, Im looking to buy mickey thompson wheels for my 04' silverado
Original Poster
mountainsled800
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 11
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 5.3L V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: which best website to buy wheels?

Postby Airwolf79 » May 10 2012, 6:23am

There are quite a few to choose from, but not that carry Mickey's in stock. I think your best bet is to do what I did. I went through Discount Tire (America's tire), but you should be able to do the same through any shop that wants to earn your business. First, you'll want to find a shop that can get Mickey's, if that's what you're dead set on. Call around and ask if they can get 'em. Discount was able to order wheels that weren't on their website, but I didn't ask about Mickey's. Once you find a shop that can get them, have them order 1 wheel, a "blem" if possible, that way they could even mount a tire on it and fit it on your truck. Again, they'll do it if they want to earn your business. Discount did it for me. This is the best way to be sure of your clearances, especially if you're planning to upsize and change the offset of the wheels. Pick out a few different wheels that you like so they can order 1 of each. They should not charge you extra for shipping of any wheels you decide not to keep. Hope this helps.
Airwolf79
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Topics: 14
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby MaroonGmc » May 10 2012, 6:45am

The next time i buy a set it will be off ebay. It seems i find the best prices on there
Recession is when your neighbor loses his job, Depression is when you lose your job,Recover is when Obama loses his.
MaroonGmc
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Year: 1999
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby GMCFanatic2010 » May 10 2012, 7:00am

Airwolf79 wrote:There are quite a few to choose from, but not that carry Mickey's in stock. I think your best bet is to do what I did. I went through Discount Tire (America's tire), but you should be able to do the same through any shop that wants to earn your business. First, you'll want to find a shop that can get Mickey's, if that's what you're dead set on. Call around and ask if they can get 'em. Discount was able to order wheels that weren't on their website, but I didn't ask about Mickey's. Once you find a shop that can get them, have them order 1 wheel, a "blem" if possible, that way they could even mount a tire on it and fit it on your truck. Again, they'll do it if they want to earn your business. Discount did it for me. This is the best way to be sure of your clearances, especially if you're planning to upsize and change the offset of the wheels. Pick out a few different wheels that you like so they can order 1 of each. They should not charge you extra for shipping of any wheels you decide not to keep. Hope this helps.

I just fought this battle as well. I found the best online price i could for the wheels I was considering and then emailed discount tire company in my hometown and they matched and beat it by a few bucks. Worth a shot to shop around on various sites ( tirerack, national tire and wheel etc,) see what they have to offer then contact a local shop and see if they can do any better for you. Best of luck and keep us posted!
GMCFanatic2010
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 27
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Airwolf79 » May 10 2012, 7:06am

GMCFanatic2010 wrote:I just fought this battle as well. I found the best online price i could for the wheels I was considering and then emailed discount tire company in my hometown and they matched and beat it by a few bucks. Worth a shot to shop around on various sites ( tirerack, national tire and wheel etc,) see what they have to offer then contact a local shop and see if they can do any better for you. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Good point. Also, remember that they're going to give you a better deal on the installation for buying the wheels and tires through them, so be sure to get estimates on installation if you're ordering online.
Airwolf79
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby lilmagoo1 » May 10 2012, 1:30pm

http://www.ntwonline.com/

they have mickey T's stock
: 2018 Silverado Z71, LT2 All star edition, 4x4, 3.5” RCX lift, 20x10-24 Pure Grit PG101 wheels and Fury offroad country hunter MT 33x12.50R20:
lilmagoo1
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 80
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2018
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 5.3 L 4x4
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby Jefferey » Dec 13 2012, 7:38am

mountainsled800 wrote:want to know which best website to buy wheels and tires, Im looking to buy mickey thompson wheels for my 04' silverado

I hope till now you got a suitable answer for your query if not then you may also consider for Usarim those are known for Audi Wheels, rims, tyres and other related products. I also ordered for mine as well.
Jefferey
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Voodoo » Dec 13 2012, 10:33am

Mr. Wheel Deal!!!!!
Voodoo
Topics: 157
Year: 2016
Extra Info: LTZ 2500 Duramax
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Return to Wheels/Tires