Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
I made a walkaround video for the truck for those who are interested. And I'll try not to be spammy, but my youtube will have plenty of other good stuff coming if you want to subscribe to the channel. ;) :lol:
Even the offroader and racecar videos have truck action since it has to haul them around. haha

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Been wanting to do some trailer burnies for quite a while now (figured I can use the trailer brakes as a line lock). I bought some junk tires not too long after I put the helical LSD in the truck and have never gotten around to playing with them.

The good news: first test showed it doesn't wheel hop with street tires on blacktop (it can hop pretty bad in snow with knobby tires).

The bad news: the clutch does NOT like repeated clutch dumps, in 3rd or even 2nd. It was slipping pretty bad. Drove home ok, and this whole week it has been fine, but I definitely took some miles off it. It may be the original at 172k I'm not sure.

I'm going to look at the hydraulics and see if there's a restriction in them like 90-91 Berettas and 98-02 Camaros. Cause it breaks the tires loose fine when you punch it in gear. There's a brand of master cylinder (unlike the stock one) that's a pinlock attachment where I can use an AN adapter. I don't see one for the slave, but it looks like I can drill and tap it NPT for an AN adapter.

Check out the video...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Absolutely 100% free clutch "upgrade" works mint.

I eliminated the quick connects from the clutch master to the slave hose and in doing so bypassed the restriction in the line that slows clutch application. I didn't have to drop the trans or anything, and now it will do burnouts all day. Super stoked about that.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I made a walkaround video for the truck for those who are interested. And I'll try not to be spammy, but my youtube will have plenty of other good stuff coming if you want to subscribe to the channel. ;) :lol:
Even the offroader and racecar videos have truck action since it has to haul them around. haha
Talk about multi-tasking. All that custom work in a mere two years.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts